There is a constant debate as to which television is better—LED or LCD? While some prefer LED and others are happy with LCD, both are equally appreciated by consumers.
But, what exactly is an LED TV?
LED is a technology that makes use of Light Emitting Diodes (LED) in the backlight of the TV display. LED is a kind of LCD TV except that instead of using standard Cold Cathode Fluorescent Light (CCFL), it uses LED light.
Here’s a list of some of the top LED TVs available in the market right now:
- Samsung UN 40H5003: This TV uses wide color enhancer plus that is visible even with non-HD content. It measures 40 inches and is priced at USD 350. The picture quality is 1080p, which is twice the quality of a standard HD TV. The picture resolution is amazing. It is also one of the best seller TVs.
- TCL 55S403 ROKU Smart TV: This ROKU LED TV is Wi-Fi enabled, which means that a consumer may connect it to the Internet and stream content. This smart TV is priced at USD 419.
- Sony 75-inch Ultra HD Smart LED TV: Nothing beats Sony LED TV regarding its picture quality and sound. Sony TV functions on Android operating system, which gives access to apps and content. 4K HDR picture quality is something that will give you an enhanced viewing experience.
- TCL 32-inch 720p LED TV: For those looking for a cheaper option, TCL is a good choice with a decent pricing of USD 150. It is not a smart TV, so there is no smart functionality. The 720p resolution gives a crystal clear picture without compromising on color quality.
- SuperSonic 15.6-inch LED TV: This TV comes with PC input, which allows the TV to function like a laptop or a notebook. It also has a USB input, which is compatible with plug and play.
With all these TVs, one thing is assured that picture effects and sound quality are unbeatable on an LED TV. LED TVs use an edge-lit technology which dims the light behind the black areas to make them even darker.