Right from making popcorns to reheating food, microwave ovens are an essential part of every kitchen. One of the quickest ways to make food, microwave ovens can be used to whip up steamed vegetables, roasted meat, casseroles, lasagna, and cakes in no time. Depending on your requirements of size, space available in your kitchen, and the location where you plan to place your microwave oven, pick a brand that best suits your budget and needs. If you have been thinking about buying a microwave oven for your kitchen, here are some popular brands that are available in the market. Microwave ovens are categorized into three types: countertop, built-in, and over-the-top. So, the following list has two brands of each type.
- Cuisinart CMW-100 Countertop Microwave Oven: This countertop oven from Cuisinart has a capacity of 1.0 cubic foot. It is a 1,000-watt microwave oven. This oven has eight preset and options and different serving sizes for food types that you may want to heat frequently. The other features included are two defrost functions, ten customizable power levels, a timer, and custom cooking times.
- Panasonic NN-SD681S Countertop/Built-in Microwave: This microwave oven has inverter technology. Its capacity is 1.2 cubic foot, and it has the power of 1,200 Watts. The inverter technology employs a stream of even power so that food is cooked well at consistent temperatures. This technique penetrates and cooks the food evenly. This oven can be used to poach and simmering liquids. The features of this oven include turbo defrost and keep-warm setting.
- Maytag Built-In Microwave: This microwave oven has a capacity of 1.9 cubic feet. This built-in microwave oven uses convection cooking technology. This retains the flavor and keeps the food moist. The oven is perfect for crisping, browning, and baking. Its other features include adjustable power and time setting that can be changed according to the quantity of food and ingredients used. Additional cooking space is provided with an interior cooking rack.
- Bosch – 500 Series Built-In Microwave: This built-in microwave oven from Bosch has an internal volume of 1.6 cubic feet. Its size is around 30 inches. Its cooking power is 950 Watts. Meals can be cooked quickly and quite conveniently with this microwave oven. Its features include automatic sensor programs that automatically estimates the amount of time required to cook food. This avoids guesswork.
- GE JVM3160DFWW Over-the-Range Microwave Oven: This over-the-range microwave oven has an internal capacity of 1.6 cubic foot. Its cooking power is 1,000 Watts. The GE JVM3160DFWW Over-the-Range Microwave Oven is one of the best-selling and easy-to-use ovens available in the market. With its no-frills features, this oven incorporates all the basic functions of any microwave oven. Its features include auto-heat settings, pre-programmed defrost settings, and two ventilation settings to expel smoke. It is an average sized oven that is quite suitable for everyday cooking.
- Kenmore Elite 80373 Over-the-Range Convection Microwave: This oven has 1.8 cubic foot internal capacity and has the cooking power of 1,000 Watts. This belongs to the category of top-of-the-line microwave ovens. This oven uses convection technology to cook food. It can be used to braise meat and vegetables and also to bake bread. It can also be used to reheat leftovers or to defrost food. The oven has a multistage function that can cook frozen food at two different temperatures.
- Samsung MG11H2020CT Countertop Microwave Oven: This is another popular brand of countertop microwave ovens. It has an internal capacity of 1.1 cubic foot and has the cooking power of 1,000 Watts. This oven belongs to the affordable range and can be used to reheat food solely. It can also be used to grill food. It has a ceramic enamel interior that is quite easy to clean.